Friday 11 April 2014

Double chocolate, fruit and nut bark

With Easter coming up, I’m hugely into homemade gifts at the minute - Pinterest I blame you. A little extra effort to give gifts a personal touch that make even the simplest of creations pretty special.

 

My double chocolate, fruit and nut bark fits the bill perfectly. Store cupboard ingredients and minimal assembly required (I’m not sure this counts as cooking) ensures even the most culinary-challenged amongst us can whip these up.

I prefer to go for more classic flavours – raisins, cranberries, cashews and almonds- but feel free to be as adventurous as you like.

Here are a few combinations to inspire you:
  • Biscuit pieces, marshmallows and cherries
  • Bananas and toasted walnuts (great served with vanilla ice cream)
  • Strawberry, Pistachio and white chocolate
  • Honeycomb (crunchie bars), pretzels and a drizzle of caramel

I cannot stress how easy this is to make, you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner...

First off, get your ingredients ready (I ditched the chocolate coated raisins and yogurt coated strawberries last minute)


In a heat resistant bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt the chocolate until it is silky smooth


Once it is melted, pour out onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment (cling film works here too)

Finally, add your favourite toppings and refrigerate until set. And that's all there is to it -I did warn you this was unbelievably easy!


Try and get a mixture a colours and textures to make it as appealing as possible. I love the glossy red cranberry jewels and how they stand out against the chocolate.


I also added a drizzle of white chocolate at the end because, well chocolate is awesome. Double chocolate is therefore doubly awesome.


Once cooled, break into pieces and admire your creation.


These make great gifts wrapped in a cellophane bag and tied with a pretty ribbon.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment